We are seeking to appoint a talented leader who enjoys working with young people and has a true passion for their subject to lead the English faculty. An ability to teach English to GCSE and A Level is required. To be successful you must be able to think creatively and design new solutions to meet the challenges of our changing education system and be focused upon providing our students with the skills necessary to engage with the wider world.
You will be working towards our goal of constructing an Outstanding English Faculty. The successful applicant will have a leading role within the faculty and will plan, lead, deliver and monitor teaching and learning in the faculty in line with the school’s vision and strategic objectives.
Applications are sought from candidates who:
- Are outstanding in their classroom practice and can demonstrate excellent teaching skills.
- Have a passion for English and an understanding how it can transform young people’s lives.
- Have a commitment to raising standards, expectations and achievement.
- Have the ability to implement and evaluate new strategies.
- Have a clear vision and understanding of the needs of young people in a secondary school environment.
- Have personal authority, communication and organisational skills to lead and manage effectively and with impact.
- Have a proven record of raising standards, expectations, and achievement for all learners.
- Will be able to teach and inspire learners through all the key stages.
- Are interested in contributing to the extracurricular life of the school.
The Grove School is a successful, forward-thinking 11-18 Academy, with 800 students currently on roll. Located in the attractive border town of Market Drayton, the school enjoys a semi-rural location, within walking distance of the town centre.
The Grove is a thriving school, dedicated to ensuring students feel fully supported in all that they do. Learning radiates well beyond the classroom, with a vast array of extra-curricular activities, trips and educational visits taking place each term. Facilities at the school are exceptional, providing students with access to state of the art ICT equipment, extensive sports facilities and fully equipped classrooms.
At The Grove School we can offer:
- An ‘Outstanding’ curriculum offering students a strong core entitlement in English, Mathematics and Science
- A full extra-curricular programme, with opportunities for enrichment activities for all
- An excellent opportunity for continued personal development through our Talent Pathway
- A wide range of staff benefits
- Excellent resources and facilities
- An enthusiastic and supportive team of staff, parents and governors
There will be an opportunity to visit the school by appointment only. To book an appointment, or if you have any other queries, please email Gail Beath, PA to Headteacher on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01630 652121.
For further information or to apply for the posts please visit our online recruitment site via the school’s website ￼ groveschool.website/ (Please note we do not accept CVs).
Closing date for applications is midnight on Thursday 21st March 2019
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 3rd April 2019.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.