“Am I brave enough to follow my heart, and bold enough to sharpen my mind?”
Our vision is to inspire and empower our students to flourish in all aspects of their learning, so that they are committed to being and doing their best. We will do this by ensuring our students leave us with the dispositions, experiences and knowledge to realise their career and life aspirations, enabling them to make a real impact in their community and live fulfilling, happy lives.
Our Values: courage, curiosity, and integrity.
Our History and Features:
- Ealing Fields High School is a publicly funded, co-educational, non-denominational, secondary academy.
- This academy was recently established in September 2016 with a current enrollment number of 120, with enrollment numbers increasing by 120 in September 2017
- We are rapidly expanding year-on-year and there is huge career potential to grow and develop alongside the school.
- A close-knit, supportive and happy team of staff who are all looking to learn from each other, looking for a mix of both NQTs and teachers further established in their career
Location: We are currently located in West Ealing, a five-minute walk from Boston Manor tube station (Zone 4), on the Piccadilly Line (only 20 mins from Zone 1). From September 2018, our permanent home will be located 300 metres from Northfields tube station (Zone 3) on the Piccadilly Line.
Facilities: Our temporary site has been fully re-furbished, with dedicated science labs and staff learning spaces. Our permanent home (September 2018) will be a new build, designed to meet the school's requirements as it grows to eventually host its own Sixth Form.
Staff Benefits: Most importantly, we don’t just pay lip service to the notion of staff well-being, we actively place it at the centre of everything we do. In our experience, happy teachers make a happy school. Our staff are our single biggest asset, and the success of our students depends on them. So we take care of, and invest in them, properly! A few of the things we offer are:
- our weekly Professional Learning and Development sessions (we finish early on a Monday to ensure this time is sacrosanct)
- having a two-week half term in the Autumn Term
- free school meals
- having the choice to take your birthday off!
- a supportive and open management team
- friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other
We really value our staff and will do whatever we can to meaningfully demonstrate that.
The Role and Future Plans: As we are a new school, your role will evolve considerably over the next six years as the school grows to scale. The role represents an incredibly exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and ambitious, qualified teacher. The role would suit someone who is keen to step-up into subject leadership, as the school grows, or an existing Head of Department, seeking to broaden his or her experience.
Leading a department which is starting from scratch is a phenomenal prospect for you to put in place all those superb ideas you’ve conceived in your career so far but it will also throw up unexpected obstacles, and will require a much higher level of innovation, creativity and above all, flexibility than most teaching roles. The right candidate for this job will see that as a positive thing and a willingness to ‘roll your sleeves up and muck in’ across the school is an absolute must.
In addition to your subject specific responsibilities, you would be expected to play an active role in the life of the School. In particular, we expect all of our staff to be willing to serve as tutors to form groups of students, and to be able to play an active and committed role in our enrichment programme.
Come and Meet Us! You may wish to do the following, prior to submitting your application:
- Arrange a visit to the school
- Speak with one of our awesome staff
If you would like to visit or have a chat or have a general question, please get in touch with Ewan Dunn by email: firstname.lastname@example.org