Platanos College is a member of the Platanos Trust and a dynamic secondary school looking for a Director of English for a September 2018 start.
We received our most recent Outstanding rating from Ofsted in 2014/2015, our third successive Outstanding rating. It is just the place for talented, ambitious individuals to develop their career and make their mark.
We have a clear and strong school vision, driven by an outstanding leadership team. Our motto “Attitude Determines Altitude” underpins all of the work we do.
This role is suitable for an aspiring Head of English or a well-established Head of Department looking for a new challenge in a progressive school.
The successful candidate will need to be capable of teaching the English curriculum at both KS3 and KS4 and also have a record of outstanding teaching. We have a strong pastoral system which supports academic success. Expectations of behaviour are high and there are very good relationships between staff and pupils based on mutual respect. The successful applicant will be part of a supportive school leading a team of English specialists.
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner and consistently demonstrate the highest standards of delivery.
- You should be enthusiastic, engaging and be committed to a creative approach to the delivery of the English curriculum.
- Be committed to inclusion and equality of opportunity with support and guidance given to all pupils.
- Be able to set challenging targets and provide support to those staff members who are trying to achieve them.
- Be creative when developing of schemes of work.
- Be able to lead and inspire staff and pupils alike.
- Have a confident grasp of data and data trends and use this to drive improvement.
- Be able to set clear expectations and standards for pupils in terms of behaviour and work which help to raise the aspirations and self-esteem of all pupils.
The school is committed to raising attainment across all key stages and successful applicants need to champion this ethos and demonstrate a sound understanding of the strategies required to achieve this.
Our school provides a broad and balanced curriculum, designed to meet the varied needs of the pupils. Pupils are set challenging targets and supported in trying to achieve them through the development of schemes of work, which offers challenging, varied opportunities for pupils, aiming to create independent learners, and well-rounded young adults.
- You will be part of a strong educational environment with the chance to develop and grow.
- You will be supported with the best professional development and learning opportunities across the Trust in order to equip you for future management roles.
We want you to succeed too.
For further information please visit www.platanoscollege.com or call 020 7733 6156. Applicants should complete the employment application form found on our website and return by post or email to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Monday 30th April 2018.
Platanos College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check and will be checked against the DBS barred list. Appointments are subject to the receipt of satisfactory references as according to our Safer Recruitment Policy.
Clapham Road, London SW9 0AL
Tel: 020 7733 6156