Salary Range: £70K-£80K per annum (FTE), 26 days holiday
Immediate Start or negotiable
Core hours worked: 8am – 4.30pm but willing to consider part-time or flexible hours
The Headteacher and Governors of the Hammersmith Academy Trust would like to invite applications for the role of Director of Finance and Resources at this innovative 11-18 Academy. Sponsored by City of London Livery Companies, the Mercers’ Company and the Information Technologists’ Company, the Academy has been open since September 2011, with approx. 950 students on roll and an annual budget of approx. £7.8m.
Applications are welcomed from suitably qualified candidates with the appropriate skills, vision and desire to work at the Academy, where expectations are high and there is a strong focus on student achievement. You will be a qualified accountant and have broad and demonstrable experience of operating at a financial director level, with outstanding leadership skills and an excellent communicator.
• Day to day management of the annual budget (in excess of £7m), alongside maintaining a longer term 3 and 5 year overview
• Ensure the effective operation of financial control within the Academy, and ensure the Academy receives value for money in all its expenditures
• Prepare the financial reports and financial returns as required by the Governing Body, the ESFA (Education Skills Funding Agency), Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs – note this includes preparation of a full set of statutory accounts, completed in accordance with FRS102
• Fulfilling the statutory functions of an FD as per the Academies Financial Handbook
• Manage the internal and external audit process
• Responsible for managing all non-teaching operational matters – you will have an HR manager and Facilities manager reporting in to you, and have access to employment legal advice via a 3rd party
• Management and completion of the payroll function – you will have a Finance manager who will process payroll, but you will maintain overall responsibility for completion and accuracy, as well as complying with updated regulations
• Normal month-end financial management processes – budgetary reports, management accounts, including balance sheet reporting, bank reconciliations and ensuring all controls are maintained eg. appropriate reviews take place, authorised signatures obtained.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an Application Form and return by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs alone will not be accepted.
Additional information about Hammersmith Academy can be found on our website: www.hammersmithacademy.org
Closing date: Monday, 20th September 2021 – Midday
Interviews: Friday, 24th September 2021
Candidates may be invited for interview upon receipt of a completed Application Form prior to the closing date. Early application is therefore advised.
All applications will initially be acknowledged by e-mail. If you have not heard further within two weeks of the closing date you may assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Hammersmith Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS Check) and the receipt of two satisfactory references.
Hammersmith Academy is an Equal Opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of any protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010.
Please note that, as part of Hammersmith Academy’s Green approach and our commitment to reducing the impact of vehicular access to the Academy on the local and global environment, there is very limited parking and all staff are therefore encouraged to travel to work by public transport.
Hammersmith and Fulham
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Hammersmith Academy is a non-denominational, all-ability, co-educational secondary school for 11-18 year olds.
To develop highly qualified, aspirational young adults who make outstanding progress and as active citizens take a lead w...