Are you an ambitious and outstanding teacher and leader? Are you at the peak of your teaching career and are seeking progression? Are you keen to join a growing multi-academy trust and make a difference? If so, this role applies to you…
As one of the country’s most successful multi-academy trusts operating in North West Kent, Central Kent, Medway and South East London, Leigh Academies Trust are looking to appoint a leading practitioner in Mathematics to join us for January 2018 and lead on innovation and improvement across all of our academies. This is an additional position and a truly fantastic opportunity which will very significantly strengthen our existing Academy Improvement Team even further. You will have no formal timetable of your own; your commitments will be rich and varied, working across maths teams throughout the Trust to drive further improvements. If, as an existing Head of Department or Assistant/Deputy Headteacher, you have an outstanding track-record of success as both a teacher and a leader, we're keen to hear from you.
You will support and advise subject leaders and senior staff with an initial focus on KS3 and GCSE. The ability to do the same at A Level would be an advantage. The role will require a practitioner with a diverse skillset, exceptional knowledge of curriculum frameworks and first-rate leadership skills. You will also work with our Business Partnership Manager to ensure that our students experience the real world of maths and explore the careers available to them.
In return, we will provide a highly innovative and largely unique role that will give you very high levels of job satisfaction working across a group of academies in close geographical range. All of our schools are firmly committed to achieving ‘Outstanding’ and will embrace your excellent contribution on this journey.
To aid your success in the role, you will be part of a supportive group of senior colleagues and you will be given the opportunity to undertake further development wherever possible. Please consult the Recruitment Pack by clicking here for further information.
Our successful candidate will be:
- An enthusiastic and energetic leader of maths or existing senior leader with proven success in your current role
- A motivational and engaging specialist with outstanding knowledge and high expectations of all staff and students
- Confident, inspirational, and able to communicate and deliver a clear vision for maths across the Trust
- Committed to developing our children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance
- Approachable and willing to work with staff across Leigh Academies Trust.
In return we can offer:
- A competitive salary which reflects your experience and expertise
- Excellent opportunities to develop your leadership skills and your overall career as a lead maths educator
- Freedom to drive maths education to make a real difference to student outcomes and their long term employability
- To be at the very centre of developments and to take maths education to the next level.
Naturally we are seeking to appoint the best possible candidate and therefore the application process will reflect our desire to undertake all necessary measures to achieve this. Suitable and interested candidates are encouraged to make contact with our CEO, Simon Beamish, which can be scheduled by contacting Emma Johnson, EA to CEO, on email@example.com / 01634 412 202. We welcome suitable and interested applicants to submit a full application via the 'Apply' button below.
The closing date for applications is Friday 13th October 2017 at midday. All applications will be acknowledged on receipt. Shortlisting will be carried out shortly after and candidates will be notified to confirm their attendance at the interview stage. Interviews and associated assessment activities are scheduled for Wednesday 18th October 2017.
Queries: If you have any queries on any aspect of the application process or need additional information, please contact Olivia Couzins (Talent Manager) on 01634 412 240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.