HARWICH & DOVERCOURT HIGH SCHOOL
Director of Language & Culture Faculty
Pay Range: Leadership Pay Scale £49,019 - £54,091 (Point 7-11)
Start Date: 1st September 2021
We are seeking an outstanding individual to provide the strategic direction and development of the faculty in support of the school’s core aims of all lessons being good to outstanding and all students achieving their potential.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• To lead MFL and in doing so be responsible for the development of the Ebacc curriculum.
• Represent the Faculty at Middle Leader meetings and on the Extended Leadership Team and contribute to whole school decision making in relation to curriculum and assessment planning;
• Lead on whole school issues including developing literacy and numeracy across the curriculum;
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
• Qualified teacher status
• Effective and sensitive communicator to a range of audiences
• Substantial, recent and successful experience of teaching in Key Stage 3 and 4
• Ability to build and maintain effective links with stakeholders
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Harwich & Dovercourt High School?
We can offer you:
• A Competitive Salary
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, 16th April 2021.
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Harwich and Dovercourt High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Harwich and Dovercourt High School (HDHS) is a popular, mixed 11-18 comprehensive situated on the north-east Essex coast. As one of the only Reading Schools in the country, we are bursting with innovative practice designed to nourish a love of litera...