Are you ready to be a founding member of staff at Leigh Academy Blackheath; a place where tradition meets innovation?
- Do you believe in maximising the potential of every child?
- Can you inspire others and nurture a passion for learning in both your students and those that you lead?
- Would you relish the opportunity to create, shape and build our academy, as a member of the founding team at Leigh Academy Blackheath?
In September 2018 we will open our doors to the 180 founding students of our co-educational 11-18yr comprehensive school. Already oversubscribed, our new school is firmly set to be a beacon of excellence for secondary education in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
We are driven by the belief that every learner is entitled to an enriching, varied and personalised education; delivered through a broad and balanced curriculum that provides challenge, irrespective of need, starting point or background. Our mission is to ensure all our students develop into powerful citizens of the digital future on both a national and global scale.
Our strong learning community works together and shares the value of collaboration; every member of our academy family works together to achieve success cultivating a strong sense of belonging. Our belief in ‘human-scale’ education, delivered through a schools-within-schools model, means every one of our students is known and valued. Strong pastoral care is at the heart of our academy and we place great importance on building strong partnerships with parents and carers.
Working in a brand new school is a unique opportunity. A flexible approach with a can-do ethos is required, as is drive, grit and boundless determination. A sense of humour is essential!
We are looking to appoint three Directors of Learning, each responsible for one of the following curriculum areas:
- Science, Technology Maths
- English, Languages, Humanities
- Arts and PE
Applications are also welcomed from those who have experience of leading an SEND provision, are a qualified SENCO or who have a desire to undertake this training. The ability to teach more than one subject area is also favourable. Please consult the Job Description and Person Specification by clicking here for further details of the role. As a start-up school, this role is intended to grow as our numbers increase, with the possibility of promotion to a senior leadership position for the right candidate after two years.
What we are offering:
- A salary commensurate with the profile of the post
- Fast track programme to leadership including bespoke CPD and coaching
- The opportunity to work laterally across a number of Leigh Academies Trust schools to benchmark best practice and to be involved in teaching and learning innovation
We’d like to hear from you if you are:
- An excellent teacher with a record of outstanding leadership
- Collaborative, building strong professional relationships
- Able to motivate and inspire students and staff to achieve their full potential
- Energetic and have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Someone who has a measurable impact as an individual teacher and throughout the school
- Confident and aspire to senior leadership
- Committed to the happiness and wellbeing of everyone at the school
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will also be expected to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You will also be expected to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust. If you have any queries regarding the role or the application process, please contact Olivia Couzins – Talent Manager on 01634 412 240.
Please note that all interviews will be held between Monday 22nd January and Friday 26th January 2018 and subsequent appointments will be made.