This is a new and exciting role to The Grange School which will be the bridge between the core subjects, the senior leadership team and will drive further improvements across the whole school. We are seeking to appoint an experienced and effective teacher and leader with specialism in Science. We expect successful candidates to have a sustained track record of successful performance both as a classroom practitioner and a leader of others. We need a Director of Learning to drive further improvement in Science.
We require from you:
- Strong leadership
- Passion and ambition for your subject and driving the progress of all learners
- The ability to consistently teach effective and inspirational lessons
- The ability to engender teamwork and work as a member of a team
- Ambition for yourself and the school
- Lead on curriculum development, teaching and learning and standards within your core subject for KS3 andKS4 (with knowledge of KS2)
- The high level of professional that is required as an extended member of the senior leadership team.
- The determination and commitment to secure school improvement • A proven track record of raising standards
- The ability to develop others
We can offer you:
- Learners who are enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Very supportive colleague
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- Progression opportunities including the chance to study for relevant leadership qualifications.
- A school committed to doing the best for its Learning community
This is an exciting opportunity to join our all through school (3-16). We are a school committed to raising academic achievement and building character in a caring environment. With excellent opportunities for professional development.
If you would like any further details about this post or would like a tour of the school, please contact Mrs Hall telephone 01928 562660 or email email@example.com We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from candidates with relevant experience.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service certificate will be required for this post. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS Thursday 19th October 2017
For an application pack and details, please contact the school or download job details and an application form from the school website www.thegrange.com