Job Title: Director of Learning (Engineering and Professional, Technical Qualifications)
Salary: L2 (£39,960)
Start Date: September 2018
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
We seek to appoint a Director of Learning who is dynamic, enthusiastic and creative. The successful applicant will be passionate about inspiring our students and be a team player who works collaboratively with colleagues. This post will include the line management of Engineering and DEC!. In addition this post includes responsibility for our students’ outcomes and teaching and learning in engineering, delivered at Gen2 provision and the UTC’s Business and Construction delivered at Lakes College.
Energy Coast UTC is a vibrant college – created through a partnership between industry and education. Our approach to the curriculum, grounded in traditional values, provide a great foundation for students’ futures. We are a college that delivers Engineering excellence through innovative, technically- focused education. Our partners include: Sellafield Ltd, Gen2, Morgan Sindall, Royal Navy, the National Nuclear Laboratory, the NDA, the University of Cumbria and Lakes College.
Our recent OFSTED report commented that ‘the new Principal has transformed the college’ and that a ‘good foundation has now been secured to enable continued improvement’.
The successful applicant will be:
· Able to successfully lead a diverse department.
· An outstanding teacher.
· Qualified to deliver Technology (preferably Engineering) across Key Stages 4 – 5 to the highest standard
· Able to deliver GCSE/BTEC and A level/BTEC qualifications and achieve superb outcomes for young people
· Able to build the department and offer a wider range of professional qualifications.
· Able to deliver other, varied, industry standard qualifications to a high standard
· Technically competent in using a range of CAD CAM applications and equipment
· An excellent communicator who is able to meet deadlines
· A reflective practitioner who is willing to take an active role in the wider life of the school
· A strong team player
· Passionate about the success of students, the department and the UTC
If you believe that this is an environment where you can thrive, develop and substantially contribute to an exciting future for the Energy Coast UTC then you are encouraged to visit our website - www.energycoastutc.co.uk.
For an informal discussion, to arrange a visit or for an application pack please contact Diane Jamieson 0191 267 6555 or 07713 323 792 on or email email@example.com
Please do not use any APPLY NOW options on this advert.
The closing date for this post is 12Noon on Wednesday 18th April.
Interviews to be held WC 23rd April.
Your completed application form and supporting information should be returned to Diane Jamieson via email and not directly to the School.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Principal – Cherry Tingle