Job Title: Director of Learning (English, Media and Drama)
Location: Berwick, Northumberland
Salary: L7-L9 £46,429 to £48,687 (salary is dependent on experience, training and/or qualifications)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Qualifications: Applicants must have a relevant teaching qualification and hold QTS or QTLS
Are you looking for a new challenge? The Board of Trustees of Berwick Academy invites applications for the post of Director of Learning (English, Media and Drama). We are looking for an inspiring individual with the passion and commitment to be part of our dedicated team that is leading our school through ongoing change and challenge and take it to the next phase of improvement and growth.
Berwick Academy is located midway between Edinburgh and Newcastle on the east coast mainline and serves the beautiful coastal community of Berwick upon Tweed in north Northumberland. We are a co-educational academy for pupils aged 13-18, with 470 pupils approx.
We can offer:
• The chance to join an evolving school at an exciting stage
• Fantastic students with enormous potential
• A very skilled and supportive middle leadership team
• A strong commitment to tailored professional development supporting development towards headship (if desired)
• Overall accountability for teaching, learning, standards and progress
Ideally, you will be:
• Currently working within or have previous experience in a similar role
• An outstanding and qualified Practitioner of English with good leadership experience
• Able to demonstrate your track record of successful outcomes
• Capable of creating the team ethos needed to accelerate outcomes for our students
How to apply
For an application pack or an informal chat regarding this post and working at the Academy, please contact Tracy Harrison at Vision for Education on 0191 267 6555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We strongly encourage you to visit the Academy. Please contact Tracy Harrison to arrange this.
Completed application forms should be submitted via email to email@example.com by Monday 27th January 2020 at 12pm.
Berwick Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Berwick Academy has a policy commitment to equal opportunities and diversity in employment and seeks to ensure no employee or applicant receives less favourable treatment than another. All posts are filled on merit.
Head teacher – Tracy Hush
Berwick upon Tweed
Tel: 01289 305083