We are currently seeking to appoint a dynamic, innovative and inspirational leader in English to drive forward teaching and learning in this key area. A skilled teacher yourself, you will lead by example and have the ability to inspire students and colleagues to achieve their potential. As Director of Learning (English) you will make a significant contribution to ensuring we achieve our commitment to our students and their families.
Ormiston Maritime Academy is a vibrant, forward thinking academy providing a comprehensive and inclusive education to students from age 11 – 16. Moving into our new academy building in 2010 has enabled us to provide students with state of the art facilities, enhancing learning further and highlighting the importance of technology within the society we live in. Exam results have improved steadily over the last few years and are predicted to rise further this year. We pride ourselves on being a values driven school and our ASPIRE (Achievement, Support, Perseverance, Independence, Respect and Enthusiasm) values are at the heart of Academy life.
- We are committed to do whatever it takes to provide a vibrant education for all our students.
- We will provide a structured environment which is founded upon high expectations and no excuses.
- Through great teaching and learning our students will gain the skills and qualifications they need to lead happy and successful lives and to make a positive contribute to society.
- We believe in human potential.
- We believe in effort rather than ability.
- We believe that a child’s starting point does not determine their outcome.
- We are a School: Our students come first. We deliver a world class education that enables all of our students to achieve or succeed their targets in a safe, stimulating and aspirational environment.
- We are a Family: Every member of the Academy family plays a significant part in its success. Together we aspire to excellence. We succeed and celebrate together.
- We are a Community: We all share a love for, and a commitment to, the community we serve. Respectful relationships are the key to our success. We promote fairness, trust and community spirit in all that we do.
Further information about Ormiston Maritime Academy can be found on www.hays.co.uk/jobs/ormiston-maritime-academy. To arrange a visit or request an application form, please contact our recruitment partner, Jessica Galvin at Hays Education on 0114 217 1556, email email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 12.00pm Tuesday 6th December 2016, with interviews being held the following week.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and barring Service form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.