Inspired learning. Empowering young women of integrity. We are seeking an inspirational leader with high level Special Education expertise and P to 12 experience. You will be an be an outstanding and passionate educational leader who can implement a Learning Enrichment Model across the school.
The position works alongside the Directors of Curriculum to ensure that learning excellence is achieved in all aspects of the school’s operation. The role is a permanent full-time position commencing in Term 3, 2019.
The key responsibilities of the position include (but are not limited to):
- supporting the Directors of Curriculum in maintaining and developing learning and innovation across the School in a manner that values every girl and ensures the best possible academic outcomes for each girl.
- leading, managing and developing learning and programs in the Learning Enrichment department.
- managing all aspects of learning, teaching, administration, assessment, monitoring and programming in the Learning Enrichment department.
- managing the Learning Enrichment team and provide mentoring and role modelling to members of the team.
- ensuring the strategic direction of the School is supported by the Learning Enrichment Department.
- providing support to teachers for the development and implementation of appropriate programs and differentiated curriculum and assessment that support students with additional learning needs to ensure their engagement and learning is maximised.
- overseeing the (Special Education related) professional learning required by Learning Enrichment team, as well as the specialized learning that class teachers need when dealing with students with particular learning needs.
- teaching responsibilities as per the role description.
We are looking for a leader who:
- holds demonstrated capacity to act effectively in a leadership role;
- possesses highly developed interpersonal, communication, presentation and negotiation skills;
- can demonstrate a capacity to interact with members of all teams;
- is able to work as a team member, believes in lifelong learning and inspires others;
- is able to build and maintain a team, embed a culture of creative discipline and provide strong leadership;
- possesses highly developed organisational skills;
- possess in depth knowledge of the NSW curriculum and an exceptional understanding of/ and ability to model outstanding teaching practice;
- can develop, implement and evaluate effective and efficient Learning Enrichment systems and processes Prep to Year 12;
- is able to implement compliant and effective staffing employment and management policies and practices;
- possesses highly developed ICT skills;
- will support the co-curricular programs at the school;
- will lead the development of pastoral care programs at the school;
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning;
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School.
The successful applicant will have to be able to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 02 9388 6777
Applications close: 17 June 2019