Director of Learning- Primary
Director of Learning- Primary
Hours/Weeks: Full Time (6:15 am to 4:30 pm)
Location: iBOS School- London (All staff members work from our school site in Clapham)
N.B: UK-BASED CANDIDATES WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED.
The start of this post is September 2023.
Closing Date: 28 February 2022, 9:00 AM
We are seeking to appoint an aspiring Director of Learning-Primary to join our thriving small online school community to:
- Be a dynamic and supportive member of the leadership team of the school
- Play an important role in the development of the school to continue being an innovative, high-performing, and emotionally intelligent organisation for the 21st century
- Support the management of an agenda of significant change and maintain and raise standards in all areas of school life
- Contribute to iBOS sustaining its provision as the world's pioneering online school of choice for the British curriculum and make a significant contribution to the strategic development of all aspects of the school.
- Secure the continuous improvement in standards of the primary provision of teaching and learning through the ongoing assessment of staff training and development needs, and the planning and delivery of relevant provisions, including induction, team building and performance management programmes.
- Develop and lead the ongoing development and implementation of strategies to deliver high-quality learning and sustained high achievement and attainment.
- Ensure that staff are able to respond appropriately to the rigours of their job through leading work/life balance initiatives across the school
We're looking for you if you have:
• Excellent organisational, ICT and time management skills
• Experience of senior leadership or middle leadership in respect of their duties
• The ability to lead and manage other staff
• The ability to work under pressure and meet conflicting demands within the deadline
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Description and Person Specification).
What we can offer:
- Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
- Lower directed time compared to other schools
- A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
- Training Opportunities through our bespoke CPD programmes
- Leadership developments and promotions
International British Online School (iBOS) is the world’s pioneering online primary, secondary and sixth-form school, led by a group of senior leaders with years of experience in running and leading outstanding schools worldwide. Our primary provision is small with approximately 60 students on roll. Our teachers broadcast lessons from our school here in London, where lessons are delivered via live and interactive online video links to pupils worldwide.
For additional information about our school, please visit the iBOS website: http://www.ibos.school
Closing Date: 28 February 2023 (9:00 am)
Interviews: Will be during the week beginning of 6th of March 2023
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure/status check will be sought from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate. As per the School’s safeguarding policy, once you have been invited for an interview, the school will contact your referees to obtain references prior to the interview. For candidates who have spent significant time outside the UK, we will make every effort to validate the information supplied on the application form and will make enquiries with police forces abroad to establish any criminal history.
Please use “Quick Apply” from TES to apply for this post or fill in the iBOS Application Form. Candidates should apply at their earliest convenience with interviews being conducted on a rolling basis. iBOS reserves the right to close the advert early if a suitable candidate is found.
If you have any further questions about this post, then please feel free to contact the HR Team via firstname.lastname@example.org, who can assist you with your questions.