The British Schools, Montevideo, is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic educator to lead its Science Department in the Senior School.
The Director of Learning: Sciences will take a leadership role in all aspects of the development and wellbeing of learners. The successful applicant will be a qualified educational practitioner with a passion for the Sciences and a genuine interest in the learning process.
Desirable qualities and attributes of the successful candidate include:
- A degree in Biology, Chemistry or Physics together with a post-graduate qualification.
- Experience in teaching two of the Sciences; one at least to International Baccalaureate or similar level.
- Experience in leading or coordinating fellow professionals.
- An excellent command of English.
- A working knowledge of Spanish is desirable. A willingness to learn is essential.
- A caring and professional working environment.
- Excellent working conditions on a beautiful 10 hectare campus.