The Trustees of George Dixon Academy are seeking to appoint an outstanding Director of Mathematics from January 2019.
George Dixon has achieved Academy status due to the exceptional rise in academic performance as recognised by the Department of Education; and was given the judgement of Good in all categories by Ofsted in March 2017.
Maths is taught at Key Stage 3, 4 and 5. Further Maths is also offered at post-16.
Maths has achieved positive GCSE progress scores in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The Trustees wish to appoint an outstanding, confident, creative and enthusiastic leader to contribute fully to the future development of all aspects of Maths.
You will be leading a fully-staffed first-rate department, including two Lead Practitioners.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead the department in the raising of achievement through motivating, challenging and inspiring our students;
- Have a commitment to inclusion;
- Help foster a culture of high expectations and achievement across the Maths Team;
- Have drive, enthusiasm, resilience, warmth and a sense of humour.
- Have opportunities to contribute to the wider life and ethos of the Academy.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a supportive staff and work with well-motivated students;
- An innovative curriculum;
- The opportunity to join an aspiring academy with exciting plans for the future;
- A data rich environment focused on raising standards.
- Opportunities for career development
Closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 1st October 2018
We reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if necessary.
Informal visits are welcome. Please contact Mr Tutvinder Mann (Deputy Headmaster) at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time
For more information and to request an application pack please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education on
T: 0121 236 4476
M: 07921 583 731
George Dixon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
George Dixon Academy is an equal opportunity employer.