An opportunity has arisen for a Director of Mathematics to join our successful team. We are seeking an innovative and motivational teacher with excellent subject knowledge and the desire and commitment to raise achievement of students at all levels. We are looking for a passionate and inspirational professional who would enjoy working in an exciting and rewarding environment and is prepared to contribute fully to school life. Please note that you may be required to work across other schools in the Academy Trust if required.
Sir John Talbot’s School is at the centre of the community of Whitchurch, with excellent links to sports, business and partner primary schools. We are committed to equipping all students with the skills and experiences that will prepare them for life. As part of The Marches Academy Trust, we have access to a network of support and challenge, ensuring we are operating at the forefront of educational thinking. The school sits in mature grounds with historic roots, providing an attractive setting in which students can thrive. Facilities are extensive including the community leisure centre, well-resourced faculty areas and Sixth Form centre.
In the Mathematics Faculty we have:
• Well-equipped classrooms with a variety of interactive facilities
• Progress significantly above average
• An enthusiastic and supportive department team
• Hard working students and strong home/ school partnerships
• A range of technology to enhance teaching and learning
Our staff set the highest standards in behaviour and achievement for all students in a supportive environment in which children are treated as individuals. The curriculum is designed to provide everyone with choices at each stage in their development. We celebrate success and encourage all students to develop broader life skills, investing in the whole child. I am incredibly proud of the achievements of all our students and trust that you will feel the same as we work together to ensure the successful future for them.
Applications are sought from candidates who:
• Are outstanding in their classroom practice and can demonstrate excellent teaching skills
• Have personal authority, communication and organisational skills to lead and manage effectively and with impact
• Have a proven record of raising standards, expectations, and achievement for all learners
• Have a clear vision of what it takes to lead a successful Mathematics department to ensure successful transition, progression and achievement through all Key Stages 3-5
• Will be able to teach and inspire learners through to A-Level
• Are interested in contributing to the extracurricular life of the school
There will be an opportunity for those interested in applying to visit the school on Wednesday 20 March 2019 at 10.30am. If you would like to attend on this day or if you have any other queries, please email Hayley Burton, Headteacher’s PA email@example.com
For further information or to apply for the posts please visit our online recruitment site via the school’s website www.sirjohntalbots.co.uk (Please note we do not accept CVs).
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 24 March 2019 (midnight).
Interviews will be held on Monday 01 April 2019.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.