We are looking to appoint an energetic, ambitious teacher to lead a highly committed team of professionals. Our colleagues are determined to develop the teaching of Maths so that students of all abilities continue to enjoy their learning and are motivated to succeed.
The Maths Area has a reputation for excellence with high results at both A level and GCSE reflecting the exciting quality of teaching and learning. Teachers are innovative when developing their skills in the classroom and thrive on collaboration. We play a leading role in the Venn Maths Hub (with two colleagues seconded to it). The successful applicant will work with a dedicated and experienced collegiate leadership team to help shape and deliver an engaging curriculum and programme of professional development.
We require an able and enthusiastic classroom practitioner, who already has leadership experience to continue the development of Maths in our school.
The Director of Maths is also an Associate Senior Leader and attends half-termly Wider SLT meetings to help shape the journey the school is on to improve even further.
What you can expect from us:
• A supportive school that has staff well-being at its core
• CPD opportunities through our Trust and our status as a National Teaching School Hub
• Coaching and mentoring opportunities, including Leadership coaching from an experienced senior leader.
• Students keen to learn and participate in lessons.
• Opportunities to get involved in educational research projects.
• Cross-curricular collaboration and a rich extra-curricular programme
Teachers in our school have:
• Excellent subject knowledge (a relevant degree/qualification)
• A passion for teaching
• A commitment to securing strong progress and raising achievement for all students
• High standards and expectations
A recruitment package, including some financial assistance for relocation, maybe available. We operate a Bike to Work scheme and there is an early years nursery on site.
What our colleagues said in our recent staff survey:
"Induction for new staff was useful and supportive."
"I feel staff wellbeing is given a high priority here and staff benefit from it."
"I am proud to be part of a school where every teacher matters and every student is cared about. I really value how much I am invested in and known personally by the senior leadership team, and the efforts the school puts in to ensuring its staff are happy and developing professionally."
"I believe this school has helped me grow as a teacher, in my teaching abilities, academic understanding and leadership skills. Having worked elsewhere, I know that this is rare and it has made me feel like this school is a great place to develop my career."
"I have really appreciated all the opportunities there are at SWCHS for staff. I have benefited from and enjoyed the chance to participate in leadership programmes, CPD and trips."
Saffron Walden County High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
“Saffron Walden County High School is an outstanding school providing an outstanding quality of education for all its students.” – OFSTED 2012
Saffron Walden County High School is committed to providing education of exceptional quality for its local ...