We are seeking to appoint a passionate, committed and supportive Director of Music, who is a skilful practical musician and is able to inspire and encourage some of the highest attaining girls in the country to challenge themselves to realise their music potential. We greatly value the role that music plays in the curricular and co-curricular life of the school and in the all-round development of the students.
There is an extensive range of concerts throughout the year for our thriving orchestras, choirs and instrumental ensembles, and you will be continuing the school’s strong tradition of delivering outstanding performances in school and at various external concerts. Alongside this, examination results are also outstanding and many of our young musicians go on to study music at Oxbridge (many with choral scholarships), Russell Group Universities and music conservatoires.
The thriving and committed department is notably enhanced by a large team of peripatetic staff and a music secretary. Additionally, the department is well supported by a highly motivated and hard-working parent body, Tiffin Girls’ Music Society, which has a high profile at events and with fundraising
A candidate suitable for the role will:
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who can stretch and challenge able students to achieve highly
- be an active practical musician themselves with Choral or Orchestral experience, who is keen to be involved in co-curricular music making
- plan a diverse annual programme of concerts and musical events and foster links with other music organisations
- have the ability to lead and inspire, and communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful music department, teaching Years 7 to 13
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where co-curricular activities flourish and teachers are encouraged to introduce new and innovative activities
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively promoted
- a two week October half term
- numerous other benefits (please see our information pack)
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further details about our school, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form which is also available on our website, or contact the school office.
Closing date: 9.00am on Wednesday 24 April 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 30 April 2019
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.