Director of Music
WOODFORD GREEN PREPARATORY SCHOOL, ESSEX
Required for September 2018
Following the relocation of current Director of Music, we wish to appoint a successor for this role from September 2018 at our highly successful and oversubscribed independent day school.
This post would suit an experienced music teacher. It is unlikely to suit an NQT unless they have an exceptional pedigree of musical experience. We are looking for someone who has a flare for their subject, is highly organised, engages pupils in their learning and will instill confidence through excellent practice.
The successful candidate is likely to have the following qualifications and experience:
- A good graduate level qualification
- Experience of teaching Music and preparing pupils for music examinations
- Confidence in leading concerts, including ensembles, orchestras and choirs
- Be a good pianist, accompanying musicians’ performances, being able to sight-read when required.
- Evidence of a commitment to their professional development
- The addition of other teaching subjects would be an advantageous.
The school has its own generous salary scale and is commensurate with experience.
Deadline date: Monday 26 February 2018
Shortlisted Interviews: week commencing 5 March 2018
Woodford Green Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.