Harris Academy Morden is seeking to appoint a Director of PE to be accountable for student progress and development in the subject area across KS3 and KS4.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
- To ensure the delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive, high quality and cost effective curriculum that has high expectations of achievement for all students.
- To lead development of the subject and its delivery, reviewing it regularly in the light of academy and national policies, as well as the impact on achievement.
- To be responsible for the selection of appropriate examination syllabuses, ensuring coverage and providing the examination secretary with accurate and appropriate information when requested.
You must hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree to be considered for this role.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Academy Morden
Harris Academy Morden have a very hard working team of teachers and support staff; they provide a caring and welcoming atmosphere for our students. We are traditional in our approach to discipline and uniform, yet forward thinking and at the cutting edge of curriculum development. The Academy's GCSE results in 2017 place us in the top 1% of schools nationally with a Progress 8 score of +1.01.
Why work at Harris Academy Morden?
- Flexible working considered for the right candidate
- Staff well-being is at the heart of our academy. We have a sensible marking policy, organised marking sessions to give staff time to mark and a two week October half term holiday
- Ofsted 2018 ‘There is a low turnover of staff and their morale is high’
- The Academy is traditional in our approach to discipline and has very high expectations for student behaviour. Ofsted 2018 ‘The behaviour of pupils is outstanding’
- Year 11 GCSE results consistently place the Academy in the highest percentile in the country. Ofsted ‘Pupils achieve exceptional outcomes in public examinations. Current pupils are making outstanding progress’.
- At Harris Academy Morden we pride ourselves on the inclusive approach and caring environment we have developed. Ofsted 2018 ‘A very strong sense of community is evident throughout the school’.
- Located favourably for public transport with good local access to bus, tram and train links to mainline rail and the underground network
- Exceptional personal and professional development opportunities across the Harris network
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Academy Morden are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please contact Mandy Francis, PA to the Principal via email on email@example.com to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
Harris Federation stands as the leading large Multi Academy Trust for both primary and secondary education in Greater London. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Paramount to what we do is closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers. Social mobility has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation. Within this, we have continuously transformed standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining the Harris Federation. We are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education in order to nurture their individual potential.
Every child in London deserves the best possible education. Join us in creating spaces of learning where children everywhere are nurtured for their potential and given the tools necessary to shape their own future.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.