Are you looking for a new opportunity from Easter 2019? Are you an outstanding practitioner? Would you like to develop your pastoral skills in a small school model? The Halley Academy has a rare and incredibly exciting opportunity to appoint a teacher who will work within our highly collaborative and dynamic team to lead one of our small schools. The Halley Academy is looking for a talented and committed individual to be the Director of Progress for the Turing School.
As a Director of Progress you will;
- Be responsible for the personal welfare, personal development and academic development of every student in the Turing School through the effective operation of the small school systems
- Lead the Turing School team in its responsibility for supporting, promoting and monitoring the personal development and academic progress of each student in the Turing School
- Lead on professional development of the small school team in areas relating to the small school
- Work collaboratively with the other Directors of Progress contributing to and impacting on whole academy initiatives
Our ideal candidate is a highly ambitious, forward-thinking individual at any stage in your career who wants to make a difference in a challenging context. You are a strong team player and want to develop your own practice to improve our students’ life chances. You are willing to take risks and learn new things every day and are prepared to challenge the status quo. Our standards are rising rapidly and you are ready to help us raise them even further. If this sounds like an appealing opportunity not to be missed, we'd love to hear from you.
Click here to view our academy structure and see how our small school model operates.
Click here to view the Job Description and Person Specification.
Working with The Halley Academy: We are a well-established Inner London academy, constantly growing and expanding to suit the needs of the local area that we serve, providing an education for over 1,150 students on a daily basis. We are fortunate to have diverse and vibrant staff and student cohorts alike and we play upon the strengths of the individuals that form our successful academy. We are a diverse community where everyone is valued, respected and trusted, where we all work together and achieve and celebrate success. Students thrive within a culture of high aspiration, with no cap on ambition, building the skills to lead healthy, happy and successful lives.
Now a fully integrated member of Leigh Academies Trust, The Halley Academy have recently appointed a highly experienced, skilful and very well respected leader in the education sector – John Dixon – who joined us in the role of Principal from January 2018. With the established wider leadership team and committed staff that we are fortunate to have at The Halley Academy, we are confident in our aim to bring about rapid and sustained improvements year on year and our staff workforce are pivotal to that.
Our successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A passion for their subject area and a resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students
- A resilient mind-set with an open minded and determined approach to achieving success
- High levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
- Good behaviour management skills and the ability to inspire and develop students in order to raise standards both academically and personally to maximise their potential
In return, we can offer you:
- An academy making rapid and sustained improvements year on year
- A multicultural and diverse environment with students who are keen to learn and make rapid progress
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and committed to each other’s professional development
- Excellent CPD opportunities and a commitment to developing your professional practice, at whatever stage you are in your career
- Opportunities to be creative; to share and develop new ideas to inspire our students
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.