Director of Religious Education and Catholic Life of the Academy
1.0 FTE, Permanent
Commencing April 2018 or as possible thereafter
Do you have a passion for Religious Education in a Catholic setting?
Do you instil a love of the subject in your students?
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity to shape and develop your career?
Then St Peter’s Catholic Voluntary Academy is the place for you! Come and join our warm and friendly Catholic community.
Our hidden gem of a school is currently in an exciting phase of change and this is a great time to join us. We are looking to appoint a talented and inspirational specialist to lead and develop a new department and transform outcomes.
The Headteacher seeks to appoint a leader who will support her and other leaders in enriching the Catholic ethos of the Academy by nurturing the spiritual life of our community.
This role is reserved position and therefore must be a practising Catholic.
The ideal candidate will
- Have a strong and inspired vision for Catholic education
- Be able to bear witness to the Gospel teachings in their daily experiences in our community
- have excellent subject knowledge
- be able to combine academic rigour and achievement with a passion for the subject
- be a team player
- have a proven track record of high expectations to motivate and challenge all students to achieve the highest possible outcomes
- Act with integrity and enthusiasm
- be an engaging and forward thinking teacher who will help build and lead the department to success
We can offer you:
- a passionate commitment to your professional learning
- the opportunity to work with a supportive and cohesive team
- the opportunity to work with enthusiastic students who are hungry for academic challenge
- opportunities for career development
St Peter’s is renowned locally for its caring atmosphere and respectful welcoming students. With students’ futures at the heart of our mission, we enable students to learn and teachers to teach in our culture of high expectations and compassion.
Please download the application form and information from our TES advert. If you would like any further details on this position or to schedule a visit to St Peter’s please contact Miss K Hall via email at email@example.com or on 01642 453462.
Closing Date: 19 January 2018 (midday)