Director of Science and STEM.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy, based in Hampshire. The school is looking to add a Director of Science and STEM to their progressive and supportive STEM Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include directing the delivery of Science (STEM) at KS3 and GCSE across year groups 7 to 11. You will lead your department to enhance provision and will get the chance to lead on exciting project work throughout the year. Project work may include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. However, as Director you will have full autonomy to ensure your department meets targets and exceeds needs of our learners. You will lead by example, supporting and empowering your department’s teachers, staff and pupils to achieve to the best of their ability.
The Director will also line manage the Science and STEM related departments, supporting the SLT link and Headteacher to ensure the department achieves to its maximum potential.
“As a small school we are fortunate to be able to really get to know each and every student. Staff who work here see this a real benefit and you will join a school where tailored CPD and effective communication is firmly embedded. We have made great strides in school improvement and in February 2018 we were judged to be a ‘good’ school in all areas. We are looking for an energetic and passionate candidate who has the skills and experience to lead our Science department and to line manage a range of STEM-based subjects. You will join a school where all colleagues play their part and contribute to whole school improvement through our distributed leadership model. If you embody these values and have high expectations, you will be very successful working with us.”
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQSL and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Science / STEM Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Science up to GCSE pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience managing a department: specifically people, departmental and financial management
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1426486 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack which includes school name, role specifics and context.
Please feel free to call Tom Nutley on 0776 700 1965 or drop an email to email@example.com for further information. REF: 1426486
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...