Director of Science
“No child left behind” is the core ethos of our school. With all the benefits that being a growing school can bring but with all the advantages of being within a larger trust, Corby Technical School invites you to join our team that is dedicated to providing the very best outcomes for all our students.
Rated as outstanding (Ofsted - 2014), our school is growing rapidly and we are looking to establish our sixth form provision over the next eighteen months – it’s the most exciting time to join us and be part of developing the future of our institution. We are looking for a September appointment.
As a rapidly expanding school, we are seeking a well-qualified, experienced and dynamic Director of Science. The Science department has a purpose built wing housing a combination of IT and wet and dry lab facilities. It is a key department in this STEM orientated school. The post-holder must have the skills and knowledge required to lead a successful team. This is an exciting leadership prospect .
Additional benefits to working at Corby Technical School:
· A fixed 8 week term structure allows for five standardised terms meaning that learning can be structured and delivered with consistency. Holidays also fall outside ‘normal’ term structures allowing for inexpensive travel opportunities.
· As part of the Brooke Weston Trust opportunities for staff development and career progression go beyond the school walls; fostering talent is a key aspect of our culture.
· All staff receive free meals (breakfast and lunch) and are able to participate in a Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme. A reduced price membership to the local gym is also available.
For an informal discussion relating to this post or to arrange a visit prior to application, applicants are invited to contact Sarah Smith on 01536 213100 or firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position we would be delighted to hear from you. Full details and an application form are available at: www.corbytechnicalschool.org.
How to apply
Having read the advertisement, examined the job description and person specification, if you are inspired and motivated to apply for a position at Corby Technical School these are your next steps:
· Please complete all sections of the application form. Please note that a CV will not be accepted without a completed application form.
· Write a letter of application on no more than two sides of A4 (11 point text). Your letter of application should outline your previous experience and how this makes you a suitable candidate for the position for which you are applying.
Please submit your application form either by e-mail or by post to:
Mrs Sarah Smith
Corby Technical School
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th May 2018 at 12.00pm – Interviews will be held on Tuesday 29th May 2018. We reserve the right to interview candidates as applications are received.