Turner Schools is looking to recruit a Trust Director of Science to help us ensure that our knowledge-led curriculum is effectively delivered to our ambitious, confident and successful students.
The Trust is offering an unique opportunity for an ambitious leader to create and develop an exciting trust wide secondary curriculum to inspire all our pupils to engage in science learning, and prepare them for a range of careers in STEM. The right candidate will also be able to influence the teaching of science in our primary schools to develop our pupils’ curiosity about the world in which they live. We want all of our pupils to be successful, achieving qualifications that prepare them to succeed in their ambitions so that the Academy is a place where all children thrive and knowledge matters.
The Trust strongly believes that its purpose is to serve the young people of the local coastal community with a powerful education. As a Director of Science, your role will require you to be an expert teacher who is also capable of leading and inspiring colleagues as well as pupils, with a passion for science education. You will be making an important contribution to the continuing progress of all of our schools.
We welcome applications from great teachers with leadership experience who are highly motivated and dedicated, with a passion for powerful education and research.
The Trust science teams are used to working collaboratively, and the ability to further develop this approach and inspire the wider Trust science departments is an important part of this role. For candidates who would like to discuss this role before application please contact email@example.com
Join us to be a part of our journey.
The ideal candidate will....
- be dedicated to improving pupils progress and raising attainment across the Trust, sharing best practice with colleagues
- have a proven track record of success in raising standards and developing others
- have experience of strategic planning that brings about improved pupil outcomes
- have a proven ability to enable pupils to work through inspirational and engaging science teaching, appropriately-sequenced learning steps, diagnostics questioning, and purposeful practical work.
- have an understanding of current pedagogical research particular with regards to science education
- a mindset to always lead by example: in the classroom, supporting and developing others, and living the trust values
In return, Turner Schools can offer...
- a strong ethos and culture that promotes the belief that all pupils can achieve
- calm and purposeful learning environments, with high pupil behaviour expectations
- a warm and welcoming team of teachers and associate staff
- manageable workload through sensible and efficient policies
- personalised coaching and CPD programmes alongside an investment in your career and development through financing Masters qualifications, training courses and conferences as requested
- a Trust which takes student and faculty welfare seriously
- Private healthcare from Benenden Health medical, including a 24/7 prescription GP service, counselling, access to the BUPA hospital network and physiotherapy.
- a genuine opportunity to make a difference by being part of the exciting Trust vision.
- Relocation package of up to £10,000 may be available for the right candidate.
Information about the Trust
Turner Schools is a Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) based in Folkestone on the beautiful Kent coast. The Turner Schools family includes five schools in Folkestone:-
• Folkestone Primary
• Folkestone Academy
• Morehall Primary
• Martello Primary
• Turner Free School
We provide education through pre-school, primary, secondary and on to sixth form. Each academy is individual and responds to the needs of its local community to provide the best possible opportunity for its young people. We promote high academic standards, while ensuring crucial opportunities for personal and emotional development.
Turner Schools is committed to Transforming children’s futures…Empowering children’s futures…Strengthening communities.
To help us achieve this Turner Staff ‘Walk the Turner Talk’
- Speak and act with care: always show compassion and respect for children.
- Act boldly: be ambitious for yourself and the children and young people we serve.
- Learn from adversity: be evaluative, thoughtful and reflective.
- Challenge convention: be curious, welcome difference and unfamiliar thinking.
- Connect with others: support colleagues, parents and pupils to make a great team.
- Use your voice: offer different views and ask questions.
- Do what it takes: be relentless in pursuing the best for children.
- Ask for support: be open and honest when plans go awry.
- Don’t give up: be calm, resilient and measured when managing challenges.
Turner Schools is committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. It expects all staff and volunteers to share this same commitment. Any appointment is subject to satisfactory recruitment checks, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Two references are required prior to commencement of employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
For further information on Turner Schools, please visit www.turnerschools.com
- English secondary schools