We are looking to appoint an inspiring individual with vision and energy to join our Leadership Team as Director of Sixth Form. The successful candidate will lead and manage all aspects of Sixth Form provision and related partnerships. We welcome teachers from all disciplines.
The Director will be responsible for the leadership and development of the Sixth Form, including academic progress, curriculum, recruitment and admissions. We welcome applications from established leaders with experience of working in a Sixth Form and teaching Key Stage 5, with values that support our ethos that every young person really does matter; an ambitious and reflective colleague with the ability to engage, enthuse and inspire staff and students to support continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will possess:
• The ability to take a leading role in developing the School’s strategy, as directed by the Headteacher
• The strategic vision and ethos to lead our Sixth Form
• The passion and drive to raise achievement across the Sixth Form
• Leadership skills to have a positive impact on learning and teaching
• High standards and the ability to raise the aspirations and expectations of all students
• A proven track record of raising standards, both as a classroom practitioner and in their current leadership post
• Proven ability of achieving results working with and through others
• The professional characteristics to be an excellent role model
• The knowledge and experience to market and develop the Sixth Form
• Strong communication skills and the ability to nurture and develop the Sixth Form Team
Heston Community School is a high performing, vibrant, happy and oversubscribed school where ‘students behave well and the vast majority are keen learners’ [Ofsted, 2016]. We are now seeking to appoint an individual who shares our passion for learning and our determination to change lives through the education we provide.
We believe that schools 'can' and 'do' make a difference and change lives and that the most important resource in any school is its staff. The success of Heston Community School is due to our dedicated, committed, experienced and enthusiastic staff.
Please email Sonia Dosanjh (email@example.com) for an application pack. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in the School.