Due to expansion, Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking to appoint a Director of Sport for August 2020. You will have excellent administrative and organisational skills, overseeing the provision of PE and swimming throughout the school. You will have previous experience of leading a successful PE Department or the provision of team sports within a school setting. You will be part of a dynamic new team that will lead the school in its next period of growth and success.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a beautiful, purpose built school, opened in August 2017 and is a part of a growing network of schools. The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. Our school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) which provides excellent opportunities for inter-school competitions, tournaments and CPD.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a bilingual private school from FS1 to Year 13, delivering the English National Curriculum, alongside Arabic. Successful candidates will be highly committed team players with the drive, energy and passion to effectively develop Al Rabeeh Academy's sport and ECA programmes.
Successful applicants will need to be understanding of the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh Academy, a school with a high population of Arabic speaking students. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, confident in establishing open communication with students, staff and parents.
Applicants must be fluent English speakers, hold a Bachelor of Physical Education Degree or bachelor’s degree in Equivalent Field with PGCE, and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of teaching in schools that follow the National Curriculum of England. This role would ideally suit an outstanding PE teacher with a strong background in school based sport. This position will have a small PE teaching commitment.
• Excellent knowledge of the NC in PE
• Experience of current UK initiatives and developments in data and assessment as well as teaching and learning
• An environment that promotes excellent teaching, effective learning and high standards of achievement
• The ability to work effectively with the leadership team and colleagues within the school
• The ability to mentor gifted and talented students of sport and swimming
• The ability to develop an enriched extra curricular programme, promoting team sports, regular fixtures and any external sporting competitions
• Experience of using data from internal assessments, standardised tests and external assessments to track student progress
• An understanding of the ADEK policies and procedures around school trips, health and safety and sporting activities is desirable
• Experience of working with EAL students is essential
• Competitive salary (tax free)
• An initial two-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
• Furnished accommodation (including utilities)
• Annual return air ticket/allowance
• Medical insurance cover
• End of service gratuity
• Visa arranged by the school
Applicants should complete the application form on the TES website via the Quick Apply button. Please submit a CV of no more than 2 pages together with a recent photograph, and a scanned degree certificate.
Please note that the school reserves the right to begin the recruitment process prior to the closing date. Therefore, candidates are recommended to submit their application as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted in Abu Dhabi or via Skype with the Principal, Ms Barbara Lubaczewska.
Applicants must possess a passport from an English speaking country.
Start date for this position will be Aug 2020.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Al Rabeeh Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undergo child protection screening.