The Directors of the Gardener Schools Group have established Maida Vale School in the conviction that there exists an opportunity for a different kind of independent secondary school in London - academically demanding but with a modern approach to selection criteria, the flexibility of the curriculum and recognition of creativity and talent. We are now looking to appoint our first Director of Sport and Enrichment.
If you are enthusiastic and imaginative, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help establish a modern and pioneering PE and Sports Department and a programme of Enrichment activities in a School which will seek to be a front runner in educational practice in London.
Requirements for the position
• Educated to degree level or beyond, you will be an exemplary teacher with experience of subject leadership
• Experience of teaching PE to A Level and a subsidiary subject to GCSE
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and lead teams; a natural leader of people able to manage staff, parent and pupil relationships at department level
• The ability to develop and implement a department development plan and a highly effective and innovative programme of Enrichment activities
• Experience of leading teaching and learning initiatives
• A willingness to participate in the wider life and development of the school showing commitment to the ethos of the school and flexibility in achieving its aims
The school is committed to staff development. All staff will be encouraged to attend INSET courses and will be provided with ample professional development opportunities.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have. Maida Vale School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful candidates must be willing to undergo full screening in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education, including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Issues relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils will be explored at interview.
Applications must be made on the School’s application form, which may be obtained via the School website or from email@example.com, please submit a complet ed application form together with supporting letter of application and details of two referees. One referee should be able to comment on your teaching skills, and one from your current or most recent employer. References will be taken prior to interview. You must provide original documents as proof of identity at interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Mr Steven Winter, Headmaster, Maida Vale School, 18 Saltram Crescent, London, W9 3HR.
Closing date: Midday on 21st February.
Suitable applicants will be contacted by telephone and invited to attend an interview week beginning 2nd March.