We are seeking to appoint a Director of Sport to start September 2020.
William Perkin CE High School is one of four Twyford Trust schools. The role offers a unique opportunity for a motivated and energetic leader to develop an innovative sport curriculum and extended offer for the four Twyford Trust schools using the Sport and Science specialism at William Perkin as the driving force. William Perkin School has excellent sports facilities, a tremendous range of contacts with professional cricket, rugby and football clubs and has a commitment to community engagement in sport.
The Director of Sport will work alongside the Headteacher and the community sports team to deliver our vision for sport, with the proud aim of creating a ‘Youth Sports Development Hub’ for West London. William Perkin has a well-developed 14-19 academic curriculum offer including GCSE, A level and BTEC qualifications, and our outstanding sport facilities enable all Year 7 - 11 students to experience a ‘sport afternoon’ in which students have an extended 100-minute session in the range of sports on offer. Particular focus is given to the showcase team sports of cricket, rugby, football and netball. The successful candidate will support the sport offer at all four Twyford Trust schools through the sharing of best practice, the development of Twyford Trust elite coaching programmes, links with local clubs across West London and the development of an inter-school sport competition in the main team sports.
After school in the ‘Extended Elective’ period from 4-5.30pm there will be ‘Sport for All’ programmes, alongside school team coaching and the opportunity to join elite training programmes led by individuals with a very high level sporting or coaching background. We serve our community by offering coaching and facilities to primary school children and delivering a full community-letting programme to selected anchor tenants.
The successful candidate will have:
- A good degree in a relevant subject, and Qualified Teacher Status
- At least three years teaching experience and an ability to coach selected sport/s to a high standard
- A commitment to sport for all and elite sporting programmes
- Experience of high level sport either in terms of playing and/or coaching
- The ability to communicate and build partnerships with professional sports clubs and national governing bodies in our selected show case sports
- Experience of leading sport provision that delivers outstanding levels of participation, engagement and success
- Experience in managing teams and recruiting teachers and sports coaches to deliver outstanding provision
- Ability to lead and teach academic KS4 and KS5 PE qualifications
- Ability to train recently qualified teachers and sports coaches to deliver excellent sport lessons
- Ability to develop high quality teaching programmes and resources
- The ability and commitment to deliver outstanding provision in cricket and selected other ‘showcase’ sports that are delivered through the curriculum and the extended sport offer
- A commitment to engagement with local strategic partner clubs to offer a range of sport pathways
- The ability to run a range of school teams, with at least one sport to achieve recognition at Borough level within 3 years
- A commitment to provide coaching support for our primary feeder schools in selected sports
- An understanding of statutory expectations in sport provision within secondary schools
- A strong commitment to the ethos of the school.
How to apply:
Please visit the Vacancies page of the Twyford Trust website http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies for more information about how to apply, and to download a Job description, Application Form and Letter to Applicants.
Applications must be submitted to HR/Recruitment at Twyford School by the closing date and time below. They can be posted to Twyford Church of England Academies Trust, c/o Twyford Church of England School, Twyford Crescent, Acton, London W3 9PP or emailed to email@example.com Please do not submit applications by fax.
Closing date: 12 Noon, Wednesday 22 January 2020
Interview date: Friday 31 January 2020
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS please see https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check The post-holder will also be expected to read and adhere to the Trust’s Child Protection Policy, and any other Safeguarding documents stated within this.