This superbly resourced independent day school in Kazakhstan was founded in 2008 and enjoys a reputation as the best school in the country. The School is in partnership with Haileybury in the UK, and is an accredited member of COBIS.
We offer a Haileybury curriculum that is based on the British curriculum and the best of international and Kazakh curricula and cater for approximately 600 children, aged from four to eighteen. We offer IGCSE and A level programme in the Sixth Form and our pupils go on to achieve place in world class universities across the world, predominantly the UK and the US. Almaty is a lively, family-friendly city with a rich cultural life, situated near the beautiful Tien Shan mountains, and Kazakhstan is a diverse and fascinating country.
As an international British independent school in Almaty Kazakhstan we are looking for teachers who care about the pupils in their care and whom pupils respect, enjoy the company of and fellowship with. We want inspirational teachers with a passion for learning and their subject areas, the manner in which learning happens and for whom education occurs both inside and outside of the classroom through a contribution to the extensive co-curricular programme we offer. Teachers who have an understanding of the independent sector and have been involved in either day or boarding schools can bring an additional dimension to Haileybury Almaty as it continues to develop over the next ten years. Above all, we want committed passionate teachers who are aligned with our vision, what we do and who wish to make a difference to the pupils we have in our care.
Haileybury Almaty invites well-qualified, inspirational teachers to apply for the below positions, to start from August 2018.
Director of Sport
- Specialist teacher of PE with experience of leading a thriving department and the organisation of sport within the school
- Dedicated to sports excellence and the promotion of widespread participation in sport across the school
- The ability to lead, manage and inspire coaches and teachers responsible for the delivery of sport in the school curriculum and as part of co-curricular programmes and to manage their professional development
- Experience of and the ability to lead sports organisations to coordinate fixtures and hold sporting competitions
- The School offers a competitive tax paid salary, accommodation, baggage allowance, medical insurance, gratuity, pension contributions and annual flights to the UK.
Haileybury Almaty is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and those connected to the school to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening including reference checks with previous employers and a DBS check or equivalent.
To apply and for further details please contact Mrs Kathryn Walsh at: Almaty.Recruitment@haileybury.com by emailing your letter of application, CV, a recent photo and contact details of 3 referees.
Interviews may be held via skype or at Haileybury, Hertford, UK in the week commencing 5th February.
Closing date for applications is: Wednesday 31st January 2018 but the school reserves the right to make an appointment before the closing date.