DIRECTOR OF SPORT,
Closing date: February 26, 2021
A comprehensive information pack and details of the application procedure may be viewed here:
(Please view on either a Laptop or Desktop)
The successful applicant will be an outstanding and experienced school practitioner who is committed to students achieving academic excellence within an exciting and challenging curriculum framework.
Applicants should have the following qualities:
- Passion and energy working with students, parents and colleagues;
- Ability to lead School in all aspects of the Sports provision, including core PE from EYFS to Sixth Form;
- Ability to lead the development of examined courses for the department; IGCSE and IB DP SEHS;
- Excellent knowledge of the curricula;
- Have a clear overall strategy for both the development of sporting excellence and the participation by pupils of all abilities in sporting activities for enjoyment, health and lifelong engagement;
- The desire and ability to engender the best in others;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a range of stakeholders.
Applications are invited from experienced colleagues with a clear understanding of physical education in junior and senior schools who are committed to supporting the Haileybury habits. The successful applicant must be available to commence employment in August 2021.
A generous package including a very competitive salary, annual gratuity, BUPA Global medical insurance scheme, full school fee remission, accommodation, and relocation allowance is offered according to eligibility.
Full details will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
Applications close: 11:59pm KZ Time (GMT +6) on Friday 26th February 2021
All applications should be made through the TES portal. No applications will be accepted through any other means.
Covid-19 restrictions mean that it is unlikely to be able to secure visitor entry for Kazakhstan. As a consequence, much of the recruitment procedure will have to be conducted by online video-conferencing interviews with the senior team :
• Initial interviews for longlisted candidates will be held on 1st and 2nd March 2021.
• Interviews for shortlisted candidates with the Headmaster will be held on 3rd and 4th March 2021.
This program is subject to alteration in the event of changes to the Covid-19 restrictions in London and Kazakhstan
Haileybury schools Kazakhstan retain the right for the post to remain open until such time that it is successfully filled.
All applications will be acknowledged. Applicants, who have not been contacted for an interview by 26th February 2021, can assume that on this occasion they have been unsuccessful and are sincerely thanked by the Board for their interest
Haileybury Astana School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
Personal data will be used for recruitment purposes only
Haileybury Astana School is an Equal Opportunities Employer
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Haileybury Astana (HAS), located in the capital city, Nur-Sultan, is the second Haileybury school in Kazakhstan. It has a growing roll that currently stands at 600 pupils from kindergarten to year 13. The teaching medium is English with additional te...