For September 2018 we are looking to appoint an inspirational Director of Sport. The successful candidate should be able to coach a range of sports, teach up to GCSE, Higher and/or A-level PE and be registered or eligible to be registered with GTC Scotland.
Personal and Professional Qualities Sought
- Qualified teacher of PE
- A willingness to become involved in the life of a boarding school
- Demonstrable experience of managing and leading a team
- Demonstrable experience of pastoral care provision
- Ability to work well with others internal and external to the organisation
- Ability to represent the school to parents and external agencies and professional bodies
- Ability to work as part of a team and develop relationships with teaching staff
- Excellent planning, organisation, written and verbal skills are essential
- A willingness to embrace continual, personal and professional development
Applications for the post
Glenalmond is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children: applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and Disclosure Scotland at enhanced level. Appointments will be conditional on references acceptable to the College and sight of original qualification certificates.
All applications must be made on the College Application Form. Please also include a full CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for this position.
Detailed information about Glenalmond, together with a copy of this job description and an application form, can be found at https://www.glenalmondcollege.co.uk/about-us/job-vacancies/
Please return completed applications either by post (marked Private &
Confidential) to: The HR Manager, Glenalmond College, Perth, PH1 3RY
Or by email to ?email@example.com
Interviews are due to commence the week beginning Monday 19?th February 2018 although we reserve the right to interview and appoint at any time in the recruitment process.