The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The most recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school. We now seek to add to our team.
The school offers a dynamic range of sporting opportunities for students and our students participate in local leagues as well as regional and international tournaments.
We are seeking to appoint a Director of Sports to work with the team of PE teachers and other sports coaches to ensure that students across the school who take part in sport: have a wide variety of sports in which they can participate; receive a high standard of coaching; have the opportunity to play fixtures within school and against other schools; develop socially and personally from participation in sport. This is a vital role in enhancing the physical learning and the development of our 1500 students.
The successful candidate will have experience in a leadership role, probably as a Head of PE. Previous experience in an international setting is highly desirable but not essential. Above all, a strong commitment to the role and a genuine desire to work hard for the benefit of our students is essential. It is a demanding job and requires long hours to do effectively. However, the rewards are considerable.
The successful candidate will:
• be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
• very competently fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department of Education;
• put students at the heart of the education process;
• fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
• commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
• be able to use ICT as an effective teaching tool;
• believe in the values of international and inter-culturalism in an educational context;
• be responsible for the PE curriculum from Foundation 1 to year 13;
• Implement the strategic plan to ensure the continual development of the sports programme;
• liaise with colleagues from other schools to coordinate fixtures;
• oversee extra-curricular schedules to ensure maximum participation for students;
• ensure complete health and safety adherence for all sports trips;
• organise sports events and tournaments held at BISR;
• communicate timely and effectively with parents;
• source and work with external agencies that provide sports coaching;
• support the professional development of coaches and teachers;
• celebrate student success;
• have a high level coaching awards in at least two sports;
• be able to lead, motivate and inspire a team of dedicated PE teachers and external coaches;
• be extremely hard-working;
• enjoy their job.
To apply, please follow the link: https://uptic.net/job/475 and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines
Closing date for all applications: Thursday 30th November 2017 at 10:00 (KSA)
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will require to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa