Can you deliver ‘Excellence for all in an ever changing world?’
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and effective SENCO to take a leading role in the future development of the school’s SEND provision. The role of Director of Study (Access and Inclusion) sits within the extended leadership team of the school and the successful applicant will be responsible for leading a team of colleagues in providing and managing the best possible provision for our students.
In order to achieve this, the postholder will work closely with the pastoral team, which is led by one of our Deputy Headteachers.
Applicants will be required to hold a SENCO qualification or be currently working towards this and will need to be up to date with best practice in SEND provision in order to ensure that all students have full access to the curriculum and are provided with every opportunity to succeed at Bedale High School.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a qualified teacher with experience of teaching in a comprehensive school
- Has a track record of achieving high standards with a range of SEND learners
- Has a SENCO qualification or is currently working towards this
- Is ready to take on an extended leadership role
- Is passionate about enabling students to achieve the best that they can
- Can inspire and lead a team to achieve excellent outcomes for students
- Can fulfil the statutory requirements of the school’s SEND provision
- Is confident in working with a range of stakeholders
- Is experienced in implementing strategies to support students with ASC.
Closing Date: 30th November 2017
Interview Date: 7th December 2017
Bedale High School, Fitzalan Road, Bedale, North Yorks, DL8 2EQ
Tel: 01677 422419 / Fax: 01677 425488