Cricklade Manor Prep (formerly Prior Park Prep) is a long established Independent Prep School located in the heart of Cricklade, Wiltshire. Cricklade is a short drive from the M4 and A419, making it easily accessible from Cirencester, Swindon, Malmesbury and surrounding areas. The school is housed on an 8-acre site within the town, including a handsome Grade II listed manor house, a separate pre-prep department housed within a walled garden, a number of purpose-built classroom blocks and extensive sports facilities including astroturf and grass pitches, a sports hall and swimming pool.
Cricklade Manor Prep educates boys and girls from age 3 to 13. At the end of their time at the school, pupils move on to a wide range of independent, grammar and maintained schools.
The school aims to:
- Develop the academic, musical, creative, sporting and other talents of each boy and girl.
- Provide outstanding pastoral care in a secure, happy, nurturing environment, underpinned by principles of tolerance, kindness and respect.
- Create an outward-looking ethos, building links with parents and the local community.
- Prepare leavers for entry to senior schools at 11+ and 13+.
- Enable pupils to be confident, capable, caring and independent minded.
To find out more about the school visit: www.priorparkprep.com
In September 2017, Prior Park Prep joined the Wishford Schools group and Guy Barrett was appointed as Headmaster to lead the school through an exciting period of investment, modernisation and development. The school relaunched as Cricklade Manor Prep in January 2018. Guy was previously Head of Heywood Prep, a fellow member of the Wishford Schools group.
Wishford Schools is a small, friendly group of seven prep schools. The group aims to provide an excellent education to all pupils, giving every child the opportunity to shine. Standards and expectations are high, and staff and pupils are challenged and supported to give their best. Schools work closely with the group’s senior leaders to define the school’s strategy and then enjoy the autonomy to run their schools, while benefiting from the support that membership of the group brings. For more information on the Wishford Schools group, please visit: www.wishford.co.uk
The Headmaster invites applications from high quality, experienced candidates for the role of Director of Teaching & Learning who have the passion, motivation and leadership qualities to drive change across the school community and in all curriculum areas. This is an important role on the School’s Senior Leadership Team.
Candidates will need to demonstrate a track record of successful leadership and particular aptitude for:
- Raising standards of teaching and learning;
- Teaching and coordinating English or Maths to 11+ and/or 13+ level;
- Communication and relationship-building;
- Planning, implementing and managing curriculum development; and
- Teamwork and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will join the Wishford Schools Leadership Development Programme, details of which can be found on the Wishford Schools website.
Full job descriptions and person specification can be found in the attached document.
For details of other roles within the Wishford Schools group, please visit www.wishford.co.uk/jobs