The Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi Academy Trust is looking to appoint an innovative leader and inspirational communicator, with a strong educational background, to provide the strategic leadership of the Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance (NCTSA).
The NCTSA is a partnership of 22 schools in Nottinghamshire, Nottingham, Leicester, Lincolnshire and Derbyshire, which includes primary and secondary schools, and also extends to Nottingham Trent University, Bishop Grosseteste University, University of Leicester and the Nottingham Roman Catholic Diocesan Education Service. The work of the Teaching School, based at The Becket School, is focused in three main areas: Teacher Training, School to School Support and Continued Professional Development.
The overarching aim of our Alliance is that all students in our schools will benefit from our commitment to work collaboratively to share our strengths and support developments.
The successful candidate will:
- be sympathetic to the Catholic ethos of the Teaching School and model our values in their approach to the role
- have extensive school experience at either primary or secondary level
- be a qualified teacher with a proven record of successful leadership and school improvement at senior leader, school improvement partner or inspector level
- have a thorough knowledge and understanding of school assessment data and quality assurance information and the strategies for school improvement
- value the diversity within our schools and their individual contexts
- be a confident and positive leader with the ability to build relationships with school leaders, staff, Governors, Directors and others working in the CMAT
- have the ability to drive themselves and others
- be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance
- actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences
- have the ability to build and sustain an effective and cohesive learning community
In return we can offer you:
- a highly supportive and ambitious Catholic Multi-Academy Trust Board and CEO
- talented, enthusiastic and committed headteachers with a passion for Catholic education
- enthusiastic, ambitious staff and inspirational young people, who are keen to learn
- first-rate personal career development opportunities as part of a new forward thinking CMAT.
Please note that whilst this position is not reserved for a practising Catholic, there is a requirement that the post holder will support and promote the values of our Catholic schools in all aspects of their work for the Teaching School and the CMAT.
For more information please visit the NCTSA website: https://www.becketonline.co.uk/teachingschool
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Mrs Karen Rich, PA to James McGeachie (CEO designate) to arrange a meeting email@example.com.
How to apply
Please apply using the CES Senior Leadership application form and including a supporting statement of no more than 2 sides, which should include a summary of the impact you have had in your current / recent roles. Please address your application to James McGeachie, CEO designate, and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 9am on Friday 27 April 2018.
The Trust is committed to safe recruitment and the appointments will be made subject to an enhanced DBS check and all other relevant pre-employment checks.