Rong Qiao Sedbergh School (RQSS) is a new bilingual international boarding school which opened in September 2018. We have a very close working relationship with Sedbergh School UK and aim to deliver an exceptional learning environment, providing exciting and holistic education for both Chinese and foreign students. The school currently comprises 10% international and 90% Chinese students, with a projected final capacity of 2,700. At RQSS we share the core values of Sedbergh School, UK, building on their excellent reputation and almost 500 years of history. The school is in a phenomenally busy phase of growth and there are a number of exciting challenges ahead of us. Resilience, positivity and a willingness to get involved are important. As a boarding school, there is an expectation that the successful candidate will participate in the school’s pastoral and extra-curricular activity programmes.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic, reflective and resilient teacher with the ability to work in a team of committed professionals. Students in RQSS range from age 3 to 18. Experience working with ESL students would be an advantage. The school has amazing facilities including a large auditorium, several indoor and outdoor lecture performance spaces, dance studios, a building dedicated to the teaching and learning of the Arts; music, visual arts, dance and drama.
Opportunities to take a residential role as a tutor, house mistress or house master are available with a reduced teaching commitment.
• Teaching excellent inspiring lessons that enable all learners to make rapid progress;
• Be a positive, professional collegial staff member, with a, ‘can do’, attitude towards making a positive difference to the holistic development of our students;
• Planning and preparing courses and lessons, teaching students, according to their educational needs;
• Lead and implement student love of drama and performance in the senior school, including organising school productions and drama events;
• Introduce and implement LAMDA teaching and examinations to the school;
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of students;
• Preparing students for examinations and for their next level of study;
• Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students;
• Identifying and researching resources and equipment required for teaching;
• To participate in the delivery of boarding provision;
• Offer extra-curricular activities to support the ethos and enrichment of the school’s provision;
• Attend Parents’ Meetings, Open Mornings and CPD as required;
• Contribute to positive learning environment at all levels of school life and holistic development of the students;
• Perform additional duties assigned by the Head of Section and Principal.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject;
• A recognised teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE)
• Minimum two years drama teaching experience in a school setting;
• Experience teaching LAMDA and organising whole school drama an advantage;
• Previous experience of teaching ESL students is an advantage;
• Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in China and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross cultural approach to work.
Fuzhou is a beautiful city, and the school site is in an exciting area of coastal development just 15 minutes from the Fuzhou Changle International Airport. The benefits package includes a competitive salary, medical cover, flight allowance, relocation allowance, accommodation, visa costs and all meals on site.
Deadline for applications Wednesday 27th January 2021. The anticipated start date for these positions will be 1st August 2021.
Candidates are encouraged to apply ahead of the application deadline. Longlisted candidates will be selected on receipt of CVs and contacted for an automated video screening shortlisting interview via Sonru. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a live interview either face to face or online.
Rong Qiao Sedbergh School is committed to safeguarding and child welfare. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
Rong Qiao Sedbergh School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Rong Qiao Sedbergh School (RQSS) is a new bilingual international school which opened in September 2018. We have a very close working relationship with Sedbergh School UK and aim to deliver an exceptional learning environment, providing exciting and ...