Teacher: Drama Teacher
International Section, Institut auf dem Rosenberg, Switzerland
We are looking for an innovative, creative and talented Drama Teacher for September 2017, to join the growing Arts Department of Institut auf dem Rosenberg. The candidate should be a motivational and engaging teacher to all age groups including primary, secondary and high school students in the International Section.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who
· Are able to share their passion for drama and theatre with students of all age groups
· Are motivational and experimental in their teaching techniques
· Have experience with taking students through ABRSM exams
· Employ modern teaching techniques and have a proven track record of classroom management and in-class differentiation
· Have experience in putting on theatre productions
· Have experience of teaching Public Speaking courses
· Are willing to develop and implement the school curriculum where necessary and take a lead in Institut auf dem Rosenberg’s extensive sports and/or co-curricular programmes
· An appropriate degree with PGCE or equivalent teaching-qualification
· A minimum of 5 years' teaching experience
· The ability and willingness to teach UK (I)GCSEs/A-Levels, and US High School Diploma/Advanced Placement
· Proven track record of guiding students through the examinations for the above degrees with excellent grades
· Dedication to the ongoing development and excellence of Institut auf dem Rosenberg
· Commitment to the school's values and ethos
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a leading independent boarding-school for students aged 6-19 years, offering five different international education systems (Swiss, German, Italian, British and American). The school's International Section offers UK (I)GCSEs and A-Levels, and US High School Diploma and Advanced Placement. Institut auf dem Rosenberg is an ABRSM music exam accredited centre, which is steadily growing in size and reputation. LAMDA Drama exams are now firmly established and we are very proud to be one of the very few accredited centres in Switzerland known for both our creativity and achievement record.
For years the school has pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the future.
· A rare opportunity to work in a highly successful and internationally renowned school
· A truly international environment and outstanding facilities
· Colleagues committed to excellence, and a teacher/student ratio of 1:3
· An entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan and maximise his or her potential
· Attractive remuneration package including pension and optional accommodation
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact-details of three referees. Send to email@example.com, stating "Drama Teacher" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: 22 March. Early applications are encouraged. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.