Smart Teachers are recruiting for a DT Education Assistant to join a “Good” comprehensive school in Greenwich, South East London. This DT Education Assistant position will be to support the DT department and assist with pupils from KS3 – KS5. The suitable DT Education Assistant must be either degree educated within Design and Technology or have a proven record of accomplishment of working with a DT department in a school. The position will be available from February 2019 through until the end of the academic year with possibility to be extended. This role would suit an overseas-trained teacher looking to gain UK experience.
About the Role
• DT Education Assistant
• Support DT department with pupils in KS3 – KS5
• SEN support involved
• Long term until July 2019 with possibility to be extended
• February 2019 start
• Daily rate between £90 – £100 per day
About the School
• Very large 11-18 comprehensive school which has around 2000 pupils
• Ofsted rating “Good” in most recent inspection
• Have distinct provisions in place for various SEN pupils
• Students come to their sixth form from a wide range of schools including grammar and fee-paying schools
• Fantastic Art facilities across KS3 – KS5
In order to be considered for this role, the DT Education Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Proven experience within a DT department in the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number KJP21623.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.