The Southover Partnership School is a special needs secondary school offering full time education and short-term day respite placements for children with statements and Education and Health Care (EHC) plans, usually on the autistic spectrum, or with social, emotional or mental health needs. Learners come from diverse settings; many have a history of disrupted and /or limited schooling.We have a commitment to ensuring that every child is given the opportunity to achieve through education and relentless care.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a part time (2/3 days days per week) Design and Technology teacher to join our dedicated team, commencing September 2017, working to achieve the very best potential in our SEND students.
This role would suit an enthusiastic unqualified teacher who is passionate about their subject. We are flexible about the area of DT to be taught. (Woodwork, metalwork, mechanics etc)
- We offer training and professional development as well as a clearly structured career path.
- The emotional rewards of working with children with SEND are unprecedented; if you are keen to make a difference, this is the right route for you.
- Our working hours are 9.00am to 3.00pm although there will be occasional meetings and training sessions which will fall outside these hours.
- The position will be at our Kingsbury Manor site.
What you offer:
- You should be able to demonstrate your experience of working with pupils with special educational needs, particularly those with autism and/or challenging behaviour,
- You are a qualified teacher or experienced tutor, passionate about your area of DT and eager to inspire young people
- You have the desire to make a real difference to young people, and to enable them to achieve their highest possible outcomes.
- You should be adaptable and an excellent communicator with a commitment to professional development.
If you can satisfy the above criteria we would love to hear from you!
Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to submit your application today.
Closing date: 7th July 2017
Interviews: W/C 10th July 2017
The Southover Partnership School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the same commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and a range of other recruitment checks.