Wellington College Hangzhou is part of the Wellington College China group of schools. It is the fourth Wellington College school in China. The Wellington College China group of schools follow the same essential ethos of Wellington College UK, building on their proud tradition. The schools share the Wellington College values of courage, integrity, kindness, respect and responsibility. In Hangzhou, we want our children to become the very best versions of themselves. We encourage and expect children to develop the Wellington identity: to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. Wellington College Hangzhou opened in August 2018 and will grow to accommodate 1,600 children. As a new purpose-built school with excellent facilities, we offer a wonderful opportunity to join an enthusiastic international staff team, in a rapidly growing school, in a lovely part of the world.
To act as support to the Design Technology departments. The individual will need to be well skilled in the preparation of resistant materials, in their properties and uses and for ensuring safe use of machinery and equipment in the DT labs. This role therefore combines the need for a high skill level with a degree of ‘heavy lifting’. Above all the individual will be an enhancement to the safe delivery of this curriculum subject and in other areas of the school.
- Preparation of DT materials for lessons as informed by the DT and Art department staff. For example pre-cutting wood materials, testing and checking lab equipment, stocking and arranging materials
- PAT testing annually or as directed by the Bursar
- Testing of electrical equipment in the DT/Art areas and theatre.
- Completing regular risk assessments for these areas and reporting any needs or improvements to the HoD or Health and Safety committee.
- Representing the DT/Art areas on the Health and Safety committee
- To take and overview of all electrical and pupil operated machinery from a health and safety perspective and to raise any concerns with the appropriate member of the Senior Leadership Team
- A qualified electrician to an internationally recognised standard
- First or native- level English language. Good written English.
- Experience of facilities management and/or use of DT machines.
- Ability to work well with a diverse teams
- A proactive and solution led approach to health and safety and to the management of technology and theatre systems.
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to email@example.com indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header.
Application deadline: 30 Nov 2018