Our school offers a calm, inspiring learning environment in a beautiful rural setting.
Join us and make a real difference in students’ lives.
Shapwick School is small and specialist, dedicated to supporting young people with dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia, so that they can achieve their potential.
We are looking to employ a DT Technician to assist the class teacher with the setting up of and preparation for lessons.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Knowledge and understanding of tools, equipment, processes and materials
- Monitoring the condition and supply of all equipment and services within the department
- Maintenance and repair of tools and equipment in the DT workshop
- Preparing materials for classes
- Setting up demonstrations and visual aids
- One to one training and supervision of students using workshop tools and equipment
- Maintaining a written inventory
- Assist teaching staff to ensure that all equipment complies with Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and COSHH regulations, materials and documentation
- Liaising with the Estates department
- Stock control and ordering of materials
- Maintain risk assessment records of equipment and tools
Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage and/or a background in (or knowledge of) carpentry or engineering.
Closing date for applications: 22nd November 2019
Interviews to be held: w/c 25th November 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must therefore be willing to undergo screening checks appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, 2 good references and an Enhanced DBS check.