Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn and to be challenged. You can read about our recent Ofsted inspection here: Ofsted Visit
We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide-ranging training and development opportunities. We are also mindful of the competing demands people face in their lives and are happy to consider part-time applications.
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic person who can play a key role in extending our successful programme with students for whom English is an Additional Language, either with targeted 1:1, small group provision or full classes within a thriving and well-resourced EAL Department. The main focus is supporting students following their transition from their own country to the UK.
You will need to demonstrate that you:
- have good knowledge and relevant qualifications in supporting young people with EAL needs (possibly with a TEFL qualification);
- have experience in teaching or supporting students with EAL needs;
- enjoy helping young people to overcome the barriers to learning presented by the language and their home life;
- are passionate about raising levels of engagement and achievement;
- want to make a positive difference by going the extra mile for the benefit of your students;
- have the desire and enthusiasm to play an active and collaborative role in contributing to a strong culture of sharing best practice, resources and ideas;
- have the interpersonal and leadership skills required to inspire and motivate colleagues and students;
- are keen and able to embed enjoyment and success in learning.
Visits to the school prior to interview are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit or if you would like more information about the role, please contact Charlotte Broom, Assistant Headteacher, on: email@example.com or on 01865 755 151
The position is for 37 hours per week, term-time plus one staff training day. The position is at Grade 6 (Points 18 to 21) which attracts a salary of £15,755.41 - £17,150.61 per annum (depending on experience).
The position comes with membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
How to Apply:
Please download an application pack from below and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8am, Monday 16 July 2018
Interviews w/c: 16 July 2018
The Community Schools Alliance Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.