36 hours per week/term time only
Do you want to make an impact in a school that is moving forward at a rapid pace?
The EAL Coordinator will play a crucial role in collaborating with teachers to build and maintain a successful EAL Program that supports students with English language needs and prepares EAL students for accessing the curriculum. We are looking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant with the experience and ability to plan and prepare lessons and monitor and report on pupil progress. In addition to this, the successful applicant will deliver on a ‘language rich’ action plan which promotes and celebrates our diverse school community.
Applications will also be considered from an unqualified practitioner who can demonstrate passion, enthusiasm and the willingness to learn to ensure the needs of our EAL students are fully met.
Copthall School prides itself on educating 21st century women for successful careers in STEM, human, social and health sciences, performing arts and creative industries. Our GCSE results are consistently outstanding with well above average Progress 8 scores (+0.87 & +0.76) and our thriving Sixth Form is in the top 12% of schools for A Level results. We offer both A Level and Vocational pathways and we also boast an excellent success rate in university applications.
Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school. Following our recent Ofsted inspection, Copthall has been awarded the status of ‘Good’. ‘By implementing systems to raise staffs and pupils’ aspirations, leaders have established a culture of high expectations. As a result, the school has secured marked improvements to learning and pupil’s progress’. The full report can be accessed using the following link: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/226/ofsted
We offer candidates:
• excellent support from an experienced team of professionals
• support, mentoring and professional learning appropriate to the post with access to continuous professional development
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (Wellbeing)
• be able to demonstrate high levels of motivation, energy and commitment with a reflective approach to the role and the ability to work to build positive relationships with students and their parents/carers.
• be confident with teaching learners with diverse language and learning needs
• be experienced in raising or have the desire to raise attainment
• be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
• have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear enhanced DBS check.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Tuesday 27th August 2019 (12 noon)