An attractive relocation package is available to the successful candidate if they are required to relocate their primary residence to fulfil this role. Relocation must be within a reasonable commuting distance to the workplace. Currently, the scheme offers a max of £8,000 (inc VAT) paid on a reimbursement basis.
Duration: Permanent, 4 Posts, Full Time and Part Time (Hours & Days to be arranged)
To deliver quality education to assigned pupils and contribute to the professional, corporate life of the school in relation to pupils, staff and appropriate external bodies within the agreements of the SNCT
This post will operate as peripatetic across both primary & secondary city schools, with a base at the EAL Service.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- Appropriate teaching qualification.
- Full GTC (Scotland) registration in the appropriate subject/sector, or be eligible for such registration.
- PVG scheme membership – Working with Children.
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- Ability to teach the full curriculum in the relevant subject or sector, and to develop the curriculum.
- Ability to manage and organise classes through planning and preparing for teaching and learning.
- Ability to assess, record and report on the work of pupils’ progress to inform a range of teaching and learning approaches.
- Ability to prepare pupils for examinations and qualifications and where required, assist with their administration.
- Ability to contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
- Ability to contribute to the school and council planning and improvement processes.
- Ability to maintain and develop knowledge and skills and contribute to the professional development of colleagues including probationary and student teachers.
- Ability to move between schools.
- An interest in and/or experience of bilingualism and of literacy development.
- An interest in and/or experience of EAL teaching and/or ESOL
Closing date: 29/04/2018
EAL Service within Sunnybank School