Aga Khan Academy, Hyderabad, India
We look for outstanding educators whose work is characterised by passion, the ability to inspire others, excited by the opportunity to make a difference and committed to helping young people find their grand passion in life! Set on a beautiful 100-acre campus south of the historic city of Hyderabad, the Aga Khan Academy is part of a network of Academies which will eventually form an inter-connected global learning community of 18 schools in 14 countries. Based on the vision of His Highness the Aga Khan, the Academy deliberately recruits young people from a diversity of backgrounds and irrespective of their ability to pay. Our holistic approach enables young people to become ethical leaders empowered to make a positive contribution in a changing world. Children’s needs are at the heart of the Academy’s focus and high quality pastoral care is paramount.
The Academy seeks a well-qualified, caring and inspiring teacher for English as an Additional Language (EAL) for our Senior School (Grades 6 to 12), ideally with experience of teaching the IB Diploma Programme. The right candidate should have experience with placement, assessment and tracking students’ progress. This is a rewarding opportunity to work with a forward-looking departmental team as they develop the EAL program as well as an innovative Writing Centre. Experience with the IB Language Acquisition course would be advantageous.
Teachers at the Aga Khan Academy are expected to:
1. Be committed to the vision of the Academy and our distinct educational philosophy.
2. Be excited about the opportunity to act as an Advisor to a small group of students as part of our emphasis on high quality pastoral care.
3. Be enthusiastically involved in the Academy’s Enrichment Programme.
4. Play an active role in the residential life of a thriving school community which values and celebrates the diversity of its staff and students.
• A good first degree in a relevant field.
• CELTA trained or similar EAL training.
• Experience of working successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
Applications must include a brief statement describing the key features of your philosophy of education and approach to working with young people. Please indicate clearly in your application how your experience and expertise might align with the expectations we have highlighted.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 3 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Criminal background check
The Aga Khan Academy, Hyderabad
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 6 - 18 years