We are seeking an inspirational EAL Teacher to join our team. You will engage the students in enjoyable and productive language lessons to improve their English, thereby contributing to an exciting all-round experience for the students each week. This is a great opportunity for someone who is ambitious and passionate about improving the life chances of students.
To be successful, you will need to have experience of teaching English as an Additional Language, and will need to be:
- Committed to encouraging children to develop confidence, resourcefulness and resilience, achieving their full potential personally, academically and socially
- A great team player who is adaptable, well-organised, innovative and enthusiastic
- Able to plan inspiring and stimulating learning experiences, equipping students with the love of learning they will need to be successful in the world
- Keen to develop their knowledge, skills and experience in an encouraging and supportive learning environment
- An effective communicator, verbally, in writing and in the use of ICT
About the school
Thomas More Catholic School is an above national average, popular 11 – 18 inclusive Catholic school situated in Purley. We pride ourselves on having excellent student leadership and high staff retention rates. We ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality; rigorous, challenging, differentiated and engaging. Our aim is for educational excellence in all areas.
What we can offer you
We have a strong focus on student and staff wellbeing which is evident from the moment you step into our community. When joining us, you can expect to enjoy excellent professional development to help you further your career, as well as support and challenge from our highly strategic Senior Leadership Team to help you ‘Bring out the Best’ in our students. We also offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including:
- Lunch provided in return for duties
- Historic building in a beautiful setting, with multiple sports facilities and a swimming pool
- Forward-thinking and vibrant place to work
- High staff morale and a happy team culture amongst all staff
- Free parking on-site. Situated a 10-minute walk from Purley train station with fast train links to Central London and the South East
How to apply
For more information about the school, please visit www.tmore.org.uk
To apply, please click the 'apply' button where you'll be able to complete our online application form.
Note: you do not need to be Catholic to apply.
Closing date: Noon on Thursday, 28th November 2019.
Interview dates will be decided upon Shortlisting.
We would welcome you to submit your application as soon as possible and we reserve the right to shortlist and interview for the right candidate prior to the closing date if necessary.
The Governors of Thomas More Catholic School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment is subject to pre-employment clearances (e.g. satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory outcome to your Enhanced DBS Disclosure).