Harris Academy Morden opened on 1st September 2012 with specialist status for Enterprise. The Academy is traditional in our approach to discipline and uniform, yet forward-thinking and at the cutting edge of curriculum development. We have a very hard working team of teachers and support staff; they provide a caring and welcoming atmosphere for our students. The Academy's GCSE results in 2016 place us in the top 10% of schools nationally.
Closing Date 09/12/2016
Ref No 1854
We are looking for a teaching assistent to support EAL students and enable them to access the curriculum. Working under the instruction/guidance of the EAL Manager to support programmes within the Academy and to enable access to learning for students though in class support and withdrawal programmes. You will deliver sessions to small groups of students. If you can demonstrate a calm and steady manner, effective communication and interpersonal skills and be a positive role model we would welcome yuor application
What we are looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about education and has a flair for working with young people
- This role could also suit recent university graduates who are interested in gaining initial classroom experience as a Teaching Assistant, or those looking to start a career path in Teaching.
Why work at Harris Academy Morden?
- ‘A Good Academy with Outstanding Leadership & Management and Behaviour’: Ofsted Dec 2014
- A disciplined and well organised place to learn and teach, with our recent Ofsted recognising the fantastic work to date in transforming this Academy. Teaching and learning is at the centre of our drive for improvement.
- Located favourably for public transport with good local access to bus and train links to mainline rail and the underground network
- Exceptional personal and professional development opportunities across the Harris network
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack on our website or contact the Academy on 020 8687 1157.
We have taken an innovative approach to our recruitment, by using the power of video. As part of our recruitment process, we may ask you to complete a quick video assessment, giving you a unique opportunity to articulate your application, showcase your personality and tell us why you are interested in this next challenge. We use this alongside your online application form when shortlisting for interview.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.