Vision for Education are looking to appoint an EAL Specialist Teaching Assistant with MH/SEND Experience to join our successful supply team and work in an Secondary 11 -16 Academy in Tameside, Manchester.
This is a fixed term Maternity Contract commencing 4th November 2019 until 3rd November 2020.
36 Hours per week - Monday - Friday.
8.15am Start - 4pm Finish
This opportunity has a dual role consisting of two main responsibilities, part English as an Additional Language Teaching Assistant and part support specialist in the Schools SEND Base.
The SEND base is a room onsite which has a capacity for up to 10 pupils who can study away from the mainstream classroom. The pupils who attend this base are typically pupils with Mental Health and SEN Needs. There will be a limited number of pupils with personal care requirements within this base.
The school aims to create an environment where every young person can become a great learner, they have created a very warm, caring and friendly atmosphere for all who attends. They have a recently been awarded a 'Good' Ofsted rating across the board and will be a great place for you to join at this time.
To be considered for the EAL and SEN Teaching Assistant position, you will:
• Have a minimum of 6 weeks relevant experience within the last TWO years.
• Be comfortable assisting pupils with personal care.
• Be passionate about working with students with SEN and life limiting conditions
- Understand how language can be a barrier to learning and have prior experience delivering literacy.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.