EDGEWORTH St Benedict's Primary School
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
The Catholic Schools Office is seeking an experienced EALD Teacher for placement in a temporary part-time capacity at St Benedict's Primary School, Edgeworth.
A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education.
• Ability to teach in the relevant curriculum area/s
• High level knowledge of the relevant key learning area/s and a proven capacity to improve student learning.
• High quality classroom teaching skills which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential.
• Exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students.
• Ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework.
• Demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning.
• Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team.
• High level of communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students, parents and other teachers.
• Demonstrated ability to work flexible in collaboratively in a team environment
• Employ a range of strategies to support student learning
• Excellent classroom behaviour management skills
• Empathy with and understanding of the needs of students speaking English as an additional language or dialect
• A sound knowledge of the skills and processes needed to support the literacy needs of EAL/D students
• Employ a range of strategies to support and motivate student learning
• Experience working with students with developing language needs
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively as a team to support the literacy and English language skills of EAL/D students
• Sound knowledge of the ESL Scales and the EAL/D Learning Progressions
• Experience in implementing early literacy strategies with EAL/D students from K-6.
• Experience in teaching English as a Second Language to newly arrived students in Australia
• be appropriately qualified as a four year trained teacher
• record current NESA and Working With Children number on application.
• Needs to communicate effectively with students, parents, school executive and all staff.
Current references from recent employers to support the above criteria must be provided with the application
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise 2017.
Friday 13 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Benedict's Primary School
PO Box 4063
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae (full personal and contact details of referees) should address the criteria as outlined above.
The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
HARD COPY ONLY applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.